The additional time that Americans are spending in their houses can lead to excess strain on different rooms of your home. Review these tips to get to know the areas to keep a close eye on and how to relieve strain to avoid overuse.
- Clean your dishwasher filter to increase the longevity of your appliance.
- Make sure your smoke detector works and the batteries are fresh during a time when you’re cooking more often at home.
- Check under the sink manually for leaks or add a smart sensor to monitor them in real time with alerts sent directly to your smart phone.
- Consider replacing your light bulbs with LEDs to use one-fifth the amount of energy as you were using before.
- Review each hose in your washer and dryer for its condition by looking at the rubber exterior for cracking or brittle bits.
- Fix any water drains that may have flooded during last year’s hurricane season to divert water away from your home.